ComponentSpace

Forums

Specifying the SAML Configuration Programmatically

Specifying the SAML Configuration Programmatically

Author
mmasood
New Member (39 reputation)New Member (39 reputation)New Member (39 reputation)New Member (39 reputation)New Member (39 reputation)New Member (39 reputation)New Member (39 reputation)New Member (39 reputation)New Member (39 reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
ComponentSpace - Thursday, June 16, 2016
The version you have doesn't include the SAMLController class. This was introduced in a later release.
For the version you have, you'll find similar properties on the SAMLConfiguration class.

Hi,

I have updated the latest dll (ie. Trial) and I can use SPController class but I am not able to load configuration from xml. How to load configuration from xml using latest dll?

Thanks,
Muhammad Masood
ComponentSpace
ComponentSpace
ComponentSpace Development
ComponentSpace Development (4.4K reputation)ComponentSpace Development (4.4K reputation)ComponentSpace Development (4.4K reputation)ComponentSpace Development (4.4K reputation)ComponentSpace Development (4.4K reputation)ComponentSpace Development (4.4K reputation)ComponentSpace Development (4.4K reputation)ComponentSpace Development (4.4K reputation)ComponentSpace Development (4.4K reputation)

Group: Administrators
What errors are you seeing?
Are you attempting to load the SAML configuration from a saml.config file?
Could you enable SAML trace and send the generated log file to our support email address?
http://www.componentspace.com/Forums/17/Enabing-SAML-Trace 
Also include your saml.config file.
Thanks.

Regards
manoj
manoj
New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
Hi i am try to add new ComponentSpace dll version but it shows error

ComponentSpace
ComponentSpace
ComponentSpace Development (4.4K reputation)ComponentSpace Development (4.4K reputation)ComponentSpace Development (4.4K reputation)ComponentSpace Development (4.4K reputation)ComponentSpace Development (4.4K reputation)ComponentSpace Development (4.4K reputation)ComponentSpace Development (4.4K reputation)ComponentSpace Development (4.4K reputation)ComponentSpace Development (4.4K reputation)

What errors are you seeing?

Regards
Subhankar Ghosh
Subhankar Ghosh
New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
ComponentSpace - 6/15/2016
Hi Muhammad
The SAMLController class is in the ComponentSpace.SAML2 namespace.
If you still don't see it, it's possible you're using an older version of the DLL.
You can determine the version you have as follows:
http://www.componentspace.com/Forums/31/Determining-the-Component-Version-and-License
If there's still an issue, email us at support mentioning the DLL version you are using and your forum post.

Hello,
I am working with multiple tenant but I am facing error "SAMLController does not exists". I am sharing the details version of my current ComponentSpace.SAML2.dll.

Attachments
ComponentSpace.png (2 views, 20.00 KB)
ComponentSpace
ComponentSpace

The version you're using (2.6.0.2) is a little old but still includes the SAMLController class under the ComponentSpace.SAML2 namespace.
Are you getting a compilation error or some sort of runtime error?
Please provide more details (eg compiler error details or runtime exception stack).

Regards
BrettM
BrettM
New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
ComponentSpace - 2/21/2014

And the following code configures the local identity provider and one partner service provider.

SAMLConfiguration samlConfiguration = new SAMLConfiguration();

samlConfiguration.IdentityProviderConfiguration =
    new IdentityProviderConfiguration() {
        Name = "urn:componentspace:ExampleIdentityProvider",
        LocalCertificateFile = "idp.pfx",
        LocalCertificatePassword = "password"
    };

samlConfiguration.AddPartnerServiceProvider(
    new PartnerServiceProviderConfiguration() {
        Name = "urn:componentspace:ExampleServiceProvider",
        WantAuthnRequestSigned = false,
        SignSAMLResponse = true,
        SignAssertion = false,
        EncryptAssertion = false,
        AssertionConsumerServiceUrl = "http://localhost/ExampleServiceProvider/SAML/AssertionConsumerService.aspx",
        SingleLogoutServiceUrl = "http://localhost/ExampleServiceProvider/SAML/SLOService.aspx",
        PartnerCertificateFile = "sp.cer"
    });

SAMLController.Configuration = samlConfiguration;

Im using the above to programmatically assign a SAML Configuration in the request - Fetching values from a database.

Im just wondering if you could explain the differences between the two certificate files, and whether they are both required in this context.

Just using Okta as an example when adding a new Service Provider, I dont see anywhere where I need to assign a PartnerCertificateFile (sp.cer). I know this is slightly off-topic, so if there is an article or thread which covers that I would appreciate you pointing me in the right direction. 

ComponentSpace
ComponentSpace

The local certificate is used to sign SAML messages sent to the partner.
The partner certificate is used to verify signatures on SAML messages received from the partner.
If acting as the service provider there will almost always be a partner certificate as the SAML response or assertion should always be signed and the signature verified.
Signing the SAML authn request sent to the identity provider as part of SP-initiated SSO is optional and if no signing occurs, a local certificate isn't required.

Regards
GO